Numbers in Scripture – “Ten = Completeness Of The Flesh”
TEN IS COMPLETENESS IN THE FLESH
Ten Isa 5 (grace through faith) twice (first and second resurrections)
Ten Isa 4 (the whole) plus 6 (mankind- the flesh).
Ten Isa 1 (God) plus 9 (judgment).
Ten Isa 3 (the process of maturing) plus 7 (completion-Rev 2:10).
Ten Isa 2 (witnessing) plus 8 (the new beast) which is “of the seven and goes into perdition.”
Ten In The Old Testament
Noah was the tenth generation from Adam:
Gen 5:1 (a) This is the book of the generations of Adam… Adam, Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, Enoch, Methusalah, Lamech, Noah
Ten nations complete Abraham’s victory over his enemies
Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
Gen 15:19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
Gen 15:20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
Gen 15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.
After ten years the patience of our flesh is exhausted
Gen 16:3 And Sarai Abram’s wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.
Ten righteous men would have saved Sodom from judgment:
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten’s sake.
It took ten camels to carry “ all the goods of Abraham.”
Gen 24:10 And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor.
Babylon will rob us completely of our wages:
Gen 31:7 And your father hath deceived me, and changed my wages ten times; but God suffered him not to hurt me.
The complete complement of Babylon will come to God’s elect when the famine of the Word is come:
Gen 42:3 And Joseph’s ten brethren went down to buy corn in Egypt.
Gen 42:6 And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph’s brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth.
It took ten asses to carry “the good things of Egypt:”
Gen 45:23 And to his father he sent after this manner; ten asses laden with the good things of Egypt, and ten she asses laden with corn and bread and meat for his father by the way.
It took ten commandments to make the “law for the lawless:”
Deu 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1Ti 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
It took ten plagues to destroy Egypt:
Exo 9:14 For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like me in all the earth.
Exo 9:15 For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth.
Exo 9:16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.
The completed flesh separates us completely from God.
Exo 26:1 Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them.
Exo 26:16 Ten cubits shall be the length of a board, and a cubit and a half shall be the breadth of one board.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Ten completed the number of rebellions of Israel against God:
Num 14:22 Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Num 14:23 Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
Num 14:24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.
Ten days of patience do no good for the foolishness of the flesh- Nabal:
1Sa 25:38 And it came to pass about ten days after [ he learned of David’s intentions to destroy him], that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died.
Ten In The New Testament
The flesh is completely bankrupt, totally incapable of ever paying for it’s sins:
Mat 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
Mat 18:24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
Ten minus two leaves us with a very carnal perception:
Mat 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, worshipping [ him], and desiring a certain thing of him.
Mat 20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
Mat 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [ it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.
Mat 20:24 And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
So long as we are in the flesh “we shall suffer persecution and tribulation”
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days[ Our entire lives in the flesh]: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
We are not persecuted just 10 days before we die.
Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
The church in its entirety while still in these ‘earthen vessels.’
Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Both 5’s will be saved by the only formula for salvation “Grace through faith.”
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
And where do we ‘buy’ the spirit of God?
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Ten thousand has no chance against twenty thousand:
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
It takes two fives to redeem all mankind:
Luk 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
All of Adam’s descendants are leprous:
Luk 17:12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
All of Adam’s descendants will be cleansed, but not all are grateful for this truth:
Luk 17:17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
Ten ‘pounds’ or ‘talents’ are all that is to be accomplished while in this flesh, “till I come…”
Luk 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
Luk 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
Luk 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this [ man] to reign over us.
Luk 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Luk 19:16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
Luk 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
Luk 19:18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
Luk 19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
Luk 19:20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, [ here is] thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
Luk 19:21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
Luk 19:22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, [ thou] wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
Luk 19:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
Luk 19:24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give [ it] to him that hath ten pounds.
Luk 19:25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
Luk 19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Isa 3:1 For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,
‘Ten thousand’ can signify what is unnecessary and is contrasted with what is good and what is needed:
1Co 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
1Co 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
Ten thousand is the number of God’s saints redeemed from the flesh
Jdg 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
The salvation of all flesh is expressed in tens of thousands:
Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
TEN IS COMPLETION OF THE FLESH
Other related posts
- Working A Job And Still Forsaking All (May 17, 2009)
- Women Covering Their Heads? (July 17, 2007)
- With What Spirit Are We Born (November 11, 2008)
- Wipe Out Their Enemies, and Cannot Sin (June 9, 2008)
- Will The Rich Man Remember Lazarus? (September 24, 2010)
- Wife of Isaiah and A Type and Shadow (April 25, 2008)
- Why Were We Made Marred? (May 13, 2011)
- Why Three Different Hebrew Words for the Color Red? (May 13, 2011)
- Why Slay the Son of Moses? (May 13, 2011)
- Why Did He Tell Us to Eat His Flesh? (June 26, 2012)
- Who Can Make War With The Beast? (November 7, 2015)
- Who Can Eat Of The Sin Offering? (October 15, 2008)
- When Did Christ Ever Sacrifice To Baalim? (July 24, 2007)
- What is the Soul? (August 6, 2009)
- What is Meant by the Word "Perfect"? (October 20, 2006)
- What Is the New Heart and Spirit? (June 17, 2015)
- What Causes Evil Dreams? (November 18, 2009)
- What Are We Saved From If There Is No Hell? (June 4, 2009)
- Were Christ And Mary Physical Descendants Of Adam? (July 13, 2009)
- Was Christ Unhealthy Or Diseased? (January 21, 2009)
- Voting As A Christian And Never Die (October 28, 2010)
- True Deafness and True Blindness (November 25, 2007)
- Tribulation Versus Wrath (July 10, 2008)
- The Two Female Bears and Forty Two Children (April 13, 2008)
- The Thorn In The Flesh of Paul (July 6, 2006)
- The Sword Of The Letter (August 24, 2010)
- The Spirit is Willing but the Flesh is Weak (September 15, 2011)
- The Prophecy of Isaiah - Isa 3:6-10 - They Declare Their Sin As Sodom, They Hide It Not (September 3, 2016)
- The Meaning of A Resurrected Body (October 5, 2005)
- The Meaning of "Cannot Sin" (September 18, 2007)
- The Man Taken To The Third Heaven (June 24, 2009)
- The Leprous Hand (March 18, 2009)
- Studies In Psalms - Psa 13:1-6 "How Long Wilt Thou Forget Me, O LORD?" (January 20, 2017)
- Sin, and Enduring and Overcoming (March 30, 2008)
- Should I Even Try To Overcome An Addiction? (March 30, 2009)
- Should Christians Donate Organs? (April 27, 2010)
- Revelation 19:17-21 (May 13, 2011)
- Psalms 78:39-54 "For He Established A Testimony In Jacob" (October 20, 2016)
- Psalms 78:1-14 - "For He Established A Testimony In Jacob" (September 26, 2016)
- Psalms 77:1-9 "In The Day of My Trouble I Sought The Lord" - Part 1 (September 3, 2016)
- Psalms 72:10-20 "Give The King Thy Judgments, O God" - Part 3 (June 28, 2016)
- Psalms 69:10-12 Turn Unto Me According to The Multitude of Thy Tender Mercies" - Part 3 (September 3, 2016)
- Prophecy of Isaiah - Part 8, Isaiah 1:27-31 (July 22, 2016)
- Possible Multiples of Numbers Miracle (May 5, 2008)
- Offering of Cain Was Not Accepted (November 14, 2004)
- Numbers in Scripture - "Ten = Completeness Of The Flesh" (June 20, 2007)
- Numbers in Scripture - "Eleven = The Ruin and Disintegration of the Perfection of the Flesh" (March 13, 2014)
- Meaning of Samsons Hair Being Cut (October 20, 2006)
- Married Women Keeping Their Maiden Names (April 29, 2007)
- Made Subject To Vanity (May 16, 2005)
- Made In His Image (April 18, 2005)
- Living Soul (October 10, 2006)
- Live While We Are Dying? (July 10, 2008)
- Life Comes Out Of And Through Death (January 23, 2006)
- Job 6:11-20 "To Him That Is Afflicted Pity Should Be Shewed From His Friend" (November 5, 2011)
- Jephthah and the Grafting In (February 26, 2009)
- Isaiah 3:1-5 - The Lord Takes Away From Jerusalem The Whole Stay of Bread and Water (August 26, 2016)
- Is The Traducer The Author of Evil? (June 17, 2015)
- Is The Son Of Man A Worm? (September 1, 2008)
- Is The Flesh Being Sown Our Physical Death? (January 27, 2012)
- Is Satan In Ezekiel 28 And Isaiah 14? (August 6, 2007)
- Is Christs Sacrifice Continued In Us? (March 15, 2009)
- Is Christ The Holy Spirit (July 11, 2007)
- How Many Books Does God Have? (September 20, 2011)
- His Anger and His Mercy (September 27, 2010)
- Henceforth Know We No Man After The Flesh (June 10, 2010)
- Hem of His Garment (April 3, 2009)
- Gold Fish In A Leaking Fish Bowl (April 13, 2008)
- Gods Purpose For Animals (August 5, 2009)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis – Study 61 (September 12, 2014)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis – Study 45 (May 8, 2014)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis – Study 44 (May 1, 2014)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis - Study 95 (May 28, 2015)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis - Study 84 (February 26, 2015)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis - Study 80 (January 29, 2015)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis - Study 117 (November 19, 2015)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis - Study 105 (August 13, 2015)
- Foundational Themes in Genesis - Study 100 (July 9, 2015)
- Fire and Flesh (January 11, 2008)
- Eve Being Made From Adam's Rib (August 28, 2007)
- Drinking His Blood (September 27, 2007)
- Does God Take Pleasure In Us, His Creation? (June 17, 2007)
- Do The Scriptures Teach Holy Laughter? (November 18, 2009)
- Do The Scriptures Mention The Jews of World War II? (May 1, 2014)
- Do The Aions Come To An End? (October 6, 2008)
- Did Peter Realize That Christ Was The Messiah? (August 15, 2008)
- Did Paul Have Free Will? (February 3, 2005)
- Did God Really Forsake Christ? (December 19, 2008)
- Did God Give Adam Dominion Over His Flesh? (November 21, 2015)
- Did Christ Pre_Exist? (August 31, 2008)
- Did Christ Experience Gods Wrath? (January 15, 2012)
- Death to Life (July 10, 2008)
- Could You Not Watch With Me? (January 31, 2014)
- Christ Was Made Sin and Yet Knew No Sin? (July 19, 2010)
- Christ As The Messiah (March 3, 2006)
- Children's Study - Noah, Part 3 (August 24, 2015)
- Children's Study - Joseph, Part 5 Joseph Becomes Ruler of Egypt (January 7, 2017)
- Being Clothed (May 7, 2008)
- Awesome Hands - Part 109: "The Garment of Christ as examined in the priesthood" (January 20, 2017)
- Are We All Blasphemers? (November 18, 2009)
- Animals in Scripture - "Wolves" (April 7, 2008)
- Am I Sinning Willfully? (October 1, 2007)
- Alleged Contradictions in Scripture - Part 2 (June 26, 2015)
- Adam Exist In The Flesh For Eternity? (August 10, 2005)
- A Sweet Smelling Savor Offering (August 6, 2009)
- "The Trespass Offering" - Part 1 and Part 2 (October 6, 2008)
- "Hear The Word of God, and Keep It" (Luke 11:28) (August 20, 2015)