Awesome Hands – part 35: “The fame thereof was heard in Pharaohs house”
Awesome Hands – part 35
“.. The fame thereof was heard in Pharaoh’s house..”
We learned last study that we are all guilty of having the silver cup “in our sack”. We all start off with self righteousness that we believe we have in and of ourselves even when the actions of our past tell a different story.
In our study today, we will come to learn again that though there is much evil in our past as the Lord sees it, there also is much mercy and salvation in our future.
Indeed, we have come to the start of this new life in the new man, and this is something we should all have tremendous “thanksgiving on our lips” for.
Lev 22:29 And when ye will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving unto the LORD, offer it at your own will.
Lev 22:30 On the same day it shall be eaten up; ye shall leave none of it until the morrow: I am the LORD.
Lev 22:31 Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the LORD.
Lev 22:32 Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the LORD which hallow you,
Lev 22:33 That brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD.
Jer 30:19 And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
“Cause every man to go out from me”
In the story we are about to read, we are going to see a progression and a very compact version of what the Lord is doing in our very lives “unto this day”.
I hope it will be used to give you eyes and ears that see and hear the miracle of what the Lord has chosen to reveal today about Himself to we, His people.
Gen 45:1 Then Joseph could not refrain himself before all them that stood by him; and he cried, Cause every man to go out from me. And there stood no man with him, while Joseph made himself known unto his brethren.
Gen 45:2 And he wept aloud: and the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh heard.
Gen 45:3 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence.
Gen 45:4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
Gen 45:5 Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
As we have already mentioned many times during this verses about Joseph and his brethren, Joseph represents Jesus Christ and as Christ says, he has come not to judge the world but to save the world.
However, He first comes to the lost sheep of the house of Israel of whom we are in the Spirit, being the seed of promise.
Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
At this point of the story of Joseph being sent to deliver his brethren and his house, we see that Joseph has finally revealed himself to his brethren.
However, the initial reaction we all have when we finally see that Christ has “come to us” is that we are troubled at his presence.
Ultimately, Christ is a messenger of His Father and as we follow this same pattern of Christ, we too will deliver the Gospel of the Kingdom to those Christ sends us to. As such, the reaction is always the same … fear befalls us and those whom the message is delivered to.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Rest easy, because the message that is being delivered to us is to NOT fear what has come upon us. Indeed, it is nothing of our own doing though we were certainly involved in the process.
In other words, we are used of the Lord to bring us to the point that we can “fall at his feet as dead”.
When we are in the presence of “countenance of the Sun”, the reaction is the same. We fear that our past will come back to haunt us.
Thank the Lord, that He has forgiven us because He brings a message of love just as Joseph brings to his brethren.
Examine your own experiences and weigh them against this Truth. We often look back at what we have done in our own lives and the sins we have committed and think that the Lord is going to punish us for it, but the Truth is that the Lord will only pour His wrath out on the old man, for whom a law was instituted by God Himself to sin.
On the flip side of the coin, we also tend to think “why is the Lord doing this to me, I don’t deserve this” In Truth, both are self- righteous thoughts. Both are thoughts that dwell in the thought of sin, but even the Lord tells us that we can do NOTHING outside of Him.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
“By a great deliverance”
Gen 45:7 And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
Gen 45:8 So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.
Gen 45:9 Haste ye, and go up to my father, and say unto him, Thus saith thy son Joseph, God hath made me lord of all Egypt: come down unto me, tarry not:
Gen 45:10 And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou shalt be near unto me, thou, and thy children, and thy children’s children, and thy flocks, and thy herds, and all that thou hast:
Gen 45:11 And there will I nourish thee; for yet there are five years of famine; lest thou, and thy household, and all that thou hast, come to poverty.
Gen 45:12 And, behold, your eyes see, and the eyes of my brother Benjamin, that it is my mouth that speaketh unto you.
Gen 45:13 And ye shall tell my father of all my glory in Egypt, and of all that ye have seen; and ye shall haste and bring down my father hither.
Gen 45:14 And he fell upon his brother Benjamin’s neck, and wept; and Benjamin wept upon his neck.
Gen 45:15 Moreover he kissed all his brethren, and wept upon them: and after that his brethren talked with him.
Joseph (as Christ) tells us to not be grieved nor angry with ourselves because it is God the Father who caused us to “sell Joseph into Egypt”.
It is God who has caused us to sin against His Son so that NOW we can see that Christ has been sent ahead of us in this cause to PRESERVE us to LIFE.
If we look closely at what we are being told, then we will see that this isn’t just something that is happening in the future are some time. It is happening NOW, because salvation via judgment is sent to us NOW. Where can this example be seen in this story?
1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
“God has sent me before you to preserve you a posterity… in the earth …. to save your lives …. by a great deliverance.
she’e r yth
Total KJV Occurrences:66
2Ki_19:4, 2Ki_19:31, 2Ki_21:14, 2Ch_34:9, Ezr_9:14, Isa_14:30, Isa_15:9, Isa_37:4, Isa_37:32, Isa_46:3, Jer_6:9, Jer_11:23, Jer_23:3, Jer_25:20, Jer_31:7, Jer_40:11, Jer_41:15-16 (2), Jer_42:2, Jer_42:15, Jer_42:19, Jer_43:5, Jer_44:12, Jer_44:14, Jer_44:28, Jer_47:4-5 (2), Eze_5:10, Eze_11:13, Eze_25:16, Amo_1:8, Amo_5:15, Mic_2:12 (2), Mic_5:7-8 (3), Mic_7:18, Zep_2:7, Zep_3:13, Hag_1:12, Hag_1:14, Zec_8:6, Zec_8:12
Isa_44:17, Jer_8:3, Jer_15:9, Jer_24:8, Jer_39:3, Jer_41:10, Eze_9:8, Eze_36:3-5 (3), Zep_2:9, Hag_2:2, Zec_8:11
1Ch_4:43, 1Ch_12:38, Neh_7:72
Often times we all want to share what we know with all of our family, friends and loved ones but more times than not, they simply are not interested in what we have to say and usually think we are just plan crazy to boot.
This pattern is, was and will always be the same until the end. That is because the Lord has instituted a plan where only a remnant in the earth are being saved NOW and this is only through a GREAT DELIVERANCE.
In the story of Moses and Israel, which is being setup now in this story of Joseph and the twelve tribes of Israel, God is going to call out of His people a very small remnant to deliver the rest of His family.
God hears the cries of His people and sends to them a deliverer, Moses. Later, Christ is sent in like manner to those God is showing mercy on. From that time forward, God calls and chosen those whom He will cause to be faithful to Him out of the rest of His established earth.
As we have come to learn, the earth represents the church.
Jer 22:29 O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD.
And of course we know the earth represent the church because the prophet Jeremiah was addressing the church of the day in that he was addressing Jerusalem and Judah.
Jer 22:1 Thus saith the LORD; Go down to the house of the king of Judah, and speak there this word,
Jer 22:2 And say, Hear the word of the LORD, O king of Judah, that sittest upon the throne of David, thou, and thy servants, and thy people that enter in by these gates:
Isa 1:1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
Isa 1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
It is in the earth, that we are told that we are going to still experience five years of famine (a period of Grace to us), but during this five years of famine we are going to be given to dwell, live and prosper in the “land of Goshen”.
So, while we will be living in a land where we are surrounded by our enemies, we will still be made to prosper by the hands of the Lord.
“Joseph’s brethren are come”
It shouldn’t be “hard to see” for us now, that the brethren for which we are seeing in this story are indeed us.
For those we are sent to, we are going to indeed be “a sight for sore eyes” because just like Joseph (and Moses later), we are going to be sent to them to be saviors and deliverers. However, that does not come without a price.
Oba 1:20 And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.
Oba 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD’S.
Neh 9:27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.
In order for all of this to take place, we must have already have gone through the anguish and torment of realizing that we are the one with the silver cup in our bag, but likewise we too shall be baptized as Christ is baptized.
When this happens for us, we will be carefully and thoroughly looked after by our King, even if that doesn’t always appear to be the case from our perspective.
Gen 45:16 And the fame thereof was heard in Pharaoh’s house, saying, Joseph’s brethren are come: and it pleased Pharaoh well, and his servants.
Gen 45:17 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Say unto thy brethren, This do ye; lade your beasts, and go, get you unto the land of Canaan;
Gen 45:18 And take your father and your households, and come unto me: and I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land.
Gen 45:19 Now thou art commanded, this do ye; take you wagons out of the land of Egypt for your little ones, and for your wives, and bring your father, and come.
Gen 45:20 Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.
Just like Joseph tells his brethren, we are also being admonished that the things and place the Lord us summoning us from can be left behind. In other words:
Gen 45:5 Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me (Christ) before you to preserve life.
Now, it is time in our walk with God to trust in Him and what He tells us is going to happen.
Gen 45:21 And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.
God is not going to leave us alone on this “Way to Truth and Life”, though it is narrow. In fact, He has been nourishing us the entire time and we have been shown grace during this entire process.
He will not only “feed us on the inside” He will also “cover us from the outside” so that everyone will know we are His!
Gen 43:34 And he took and sent messes unto them from before him: but Benjamin’s mess was five times so much as any of theirs. And they drank, and were merry with him.
Gen 45:22 To all of them he gave each man changes of raiment; but to Benjamin he gave three hundred pieces of silver, and five changes of raiment.
Gen 45:23 And to his father he sent after this manner; ten asses laden with the good things of Egypt, and ten she asses laden with corn and bread and meat for his father by the way.
Gen 45:24 So he sent his brethren away, and they departed: and he said unto them, See that ye fall not out by the way.
Gen 45:25 And they went up out of Egypt, and came into the land of Canaan unto Jacob their father,
Notice, it is during this time in our walk, while in this tabernacle of flesh, that the Lord will be blessing the old and new to do what they are purposed to do.
Joseph’s brothers are given “food and raiment” too, but the grace is shown to the chosen elect which Benjamin represents.
Additionally, “the old man” represented by Jacob is given lots of ten of the good things of Egypt and corn and bread which are meat for his father.
Coming from the land of Canaan to the land of Egypt isn’t an easy journey, and the Lord knows this perfectly. So, He provides for us and “doesn’t put more on us than we can bear”.
Gen 45:26 And told him, saying, Joseph is yet alive, and he is governor over all the land of Egypt. And Jacob’s heart fainted, for he believed them not.
Gen 45:27 And they told him all the words of Joseph, which he had said unto them: and when he saw the wagons which Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of Jacob their father revived:
Gen 45:28 And Israel said, It is enough; Joseph my son is yet alive: I will go and see him before I die.
The wheat and the tares will grow together until the time of the harvest and as we have seen in this story, we are now at that time in our walks with the Lord.
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
We will be brought to the land of Goshen, “drawing near” to God as He brings us to a point where His remnant can continue to grow into the next phase of His ultimate deliverance.
The house of Israel will still have a lot of growing and prospering to do, but the Lord will continue to bless them so that He can continue to call a remnant out to His wonderful work towards the children of men.
Other related posts
- Awesome Hands - part 99: "Brass Altar" (March 30, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 98: "Levites versus Priests" (March 9, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 97: "East to West" (February 24, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 96: "Straight gate" (February 7, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 95: "Adorned with gold" (January 27, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 94: "The making of the tabernacle – recap" (January 17, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 93: "The Splendor of the Tabernacle" (December 2, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 92: "Golden candlestick" (November 25, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 91: "Hearken to the sound of the trumpet" (November 4, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 90: "Watchmen" (October 28, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 89: "Teach them … to continue in my love" (October 14, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 88: "The River and the banks" (October 7, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 87 (September 30, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 86: “The judgments" - Part Q (September 2, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 85: “The judgments" - Part P (August 26, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 84: “The judgments" - Part O (August 19, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 83: “The judgments" - Part N (August 5, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 82: “The judgments" - Part M (July 22, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 81: “The judgments" - Part L (July 8, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 80: “The judgments" - Part K (June 15, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 79: “The judgments" - Part J (May 29, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 78: “The judgments" - Part I (May 22, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 77: “The judgments" - Part H (April 17, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 76: “The judgments" - Part G (March 20, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 75: “The judgments" - Part F (February 25, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 74: “The judgments" - Part E (February 11, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 73: “The judgments" - Part D (February 4, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 72: “The judgments" - Part C (January 14, 2015)
- Awesome Hands - part 71: “The judgments" - Part B (December 3, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 70: “The judgments" - Part A" (November 26, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 69: "The ten commandments - part 2" (November 19, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 68: "The ten commandments" (November 5, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 67: "You shall set bounds" (October 22, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 66: "The remnant" (October 15, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 65: "The counsel of God" (September 10, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 64: "The Lord, our banner" (August 27, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 63: "The fowls in the earth" (August 13, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 62: "To be with hunger" (July 30, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 61: "The Sanctuary" (July 23, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 60: "The Horse and his Rider" (July 9, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 59: "Why Have We Done This" (July 2, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 58: "The Lord of the North" (June 11, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 57: "Remember this day" (June 4, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 56: "The Firstborn" (September 8, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 55: "The Passover" (September 8, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 54: "Darkness over the land of Egypt" (September 8, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 53: "Not able to see the earth" (September 8, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 52: "To Show in You My Power" (September 8, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 51: "With Great Judgments" (September 8, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 50: "Smite the dust of the land" (September 8, 2014)
- Awesome Hands - part 49: “The land stank” (November 27, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 48: "The magicians of Egypt" (November 20, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 47: "To know thy enemy" (November 13, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 46: "My name JEHOVAH was I not known to them" (November 13, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 45: "Let my son go that he may serve me" (October 23, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 44: "They will not believe me" (October 9, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 43: "A burning bush but not consumed" (October 2, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 42: "A Man of the house of Levi" (September 18, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 41: "The children of Israel were fruitful" (September 4, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 40: "God meant it for good" (August 28, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 39: "Whom thy brethren shall praise" (August 21, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 38: "The Son of the Right Hand" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 37: "The land of our Fathers" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 36: "Every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 35: "The fame thereof was heard in Pharaohs house" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 34: "Whose hand the cup is found" (July 12, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 31: "Dreamer of dreams" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 30: "In the Vine were three branches" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 29: "In the house of his Master" (July 12, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 28: "He thought her a harlot" (July 12, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 27: "Twins were in her womb" (July 12, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 26: "They dipped the coat in the blood" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 25: "The generations of Jacob" (August 17, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 24: "Arise go up to Bethel" (August 18, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 23: "The strange gods which were in their hand" (August 18, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 22: "Receive my present at my hand" (August 18, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 21: "Deliver me from the hand of my brother" (August 18, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 20: "It is in the power of my hand to do you hurt" (August 19, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 19: "Into the hand of his sons" (August 19, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 18: "Eye for an eye" (August 19, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 17: "The days of the wheat harvest" (August 19, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 16: "The labor of my hands" (August 19, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 15: "Make me savory meat" (July 12, 2013)
- Awesome Hands - part 14: "Despised his birthright" (October 13, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 13: "Hinder me Not" (September 22, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 12: "Put thy hand under my thigh" (September 15, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 11: "Satan stood up" (August 25, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 10: "Thy walls are continually before me" (August 4, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 108: "Heave Offering" (January 11, 2017)
- Awesome Hands - part 107: "Breast and Wave Offering" (November 25, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 106: "Offerings as it pertains to bread" (October 26, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 105: "Rams" (October 5, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 103: "Hallowed priests" (August 3, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 102: "A work with no sweat" (August 1, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 101: "Garments of Consecration" (July 14, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 100: "Brass in the outer court" (June 29, 2016)
- Awesome Hands - part 09: "Lightning in His Hands" (July 14, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 08: "Thou hast magnified Thy mercy" (June 30, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 07: "New Name" (June 16, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 06: "What will thou give me" (May 26, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 05: "So that you will be a blessing" (May 19, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 04: "The raven and the Dove" (May 5, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 03: "The Law of Moses Prophets and Psalms" (May 5, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 02 (April 28, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - part 01 (April 28, 2012)
- Awesome Hands - Part 113: "The women did spin with their hands" (March 17, 2017)
- Awesome Hands - Part 112: "The Golden Calf" - part 2 (March 10, 2017)
- Awesome Hands - Part 111: "The Golden Calf" (February 22, 2017)
- Awesome Hands - Part 110: "The Brazen Basin" (February 3, 2017)
- Awesome Hands - Part 109: "The Garment of Christ as examined in the priesthood" (January 20, 2017)
- Awesome Hands - Part 104: "Bullocks" (September 14, 2016)